Maths at Bisley
Key Stage 1 & 2
At Bisley we follow a maths mastery curriculum and specifically use the Maths No Problem! scheme to assist our maths teaching. We know that many parents would like further information about Maths Mastery, what it means, as well as advice and guidance around new teaching techniques such as 'bar modelling'. We will be organising some parent workshops very soon to cover these areas and then we will post information here for you to refer to at home too.
Online Maths Activities
We make a lot of use of online maths games and activities in school. As well as the MyMaths website, for which your child's teacher should have assigned him/her unique log in details, some of the other links below are our most popular.
Why should I play maths games with my child?
Children make progress best as mathematicians when they regularly repeat skills and practise them until they become embedded. This can be quite a long process sometimes, and so the use of the context of an exciting game or interesting activity can be highly motivating. In our experience, our children learn best when they are having fun and that's what games are for!
- Primary Games You'll find all sorts of maths content here, all presented as engaging games and challenges.
- Maths Zone Another collection of games and activities across the full range of curriculum content, mostly appropriate to our KS2 pupils.
- Topmarks Lots of fun games to play with children of all ages!
Internet-based Activities relating to Number and Place Value
- Place Value Millionaire Practise place value knowledge up to 9 digits
- Chinese Dragon Ordering Numbers Learn to order numbers by playing this fun Chinese Dragon game!
- Underwater Counting Game Learn to count up to 10 sea creatures accurately with this fun underwater themed game!
- Give the Dog a Bone Explore the 100 square.
- Spin to Win Create the highest number to win the round.
- Eggs to Order (KS1)Ordering numbers according to place value.
- Eggs to Order (KS2)The extended version that includes decimal numbers too.
- Super Sid's Decimal Challenge Can you match the decimal numbers to create the target number?
- Ghostblasters: Operation Even Shoot down the even-numbered ghosts.
- Ghostblasters: Operation OddShoot down the odd-numbered ghosts.
- Splat Square Splat the numbers in different colours. Play games, look for patterns and learn your numbers to 100!
Internet-based Games relating to Times Tables Practice
- Teaching Tables A collection of little games from the Primary Games website.
- Robin Hood Doubles Learn to double numbers up to twenty.
- Multiple Wipeout Burst only the balloons that are multiples of the given table.
- Moon Maths Practise your tables with help from the aliens!
- Ghostblasters Unfriendly ghosts are there to be shot at!
- Hit The Button Practise times tables and division facts using the virtual 'touch wall'.
If these are not enough try these …
Internet-based Activities relating to Number & Place Value
Give the Dog a Bone http://www.primarygames.co.uk/pg2/dogbone/gamebone.html
Eggs to Order (KS1) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/pg3/orderegg/ordereggsKS1.html
Eggs to Order (KS2) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/pg3/orderegg/ordereggsKS2.html
Super Sid’s Decimal Challenge http://www.primarygames.co.uk/PG5/Decimal/decchall.swf
Fraction Flags (halves & quarters) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/fflags/fractionflagsres.html
Fraction Flags (thirds) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/fflags/ffthirdsres.html
Ghostblasters: Operation Even http://www.primarygames.co.uk/pg2/ghost2/ghosteven.swf
Ghostblasters: Operation Odd http://www.primarygames.co.uk/pg2/ghost2/ghostodd.swf
Internet-based Activities relating to Times Tables Practice
Teaching Tables http://www.teachingtables.co.uk/
Robin Hood Doubles http://www.ictgames.com/rhoodbeyond10.html
Multiple Wipeout http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/games/picknmixUK.html
Internet-based Activities relating to Calculations
Eggs on Legs (Addition) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/PG5/Eggs/Add/eggsadd.swf
Eggs on Legs (Subtraction) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/PG5/Eggs/Sub/eggssub.swf
Eggs on Legs (Multiplication) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/PG5/Eggs/Multi/eggsmult.swf
Eggs on Legs (Division) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/PG5/Eggs/Div/eggsdiv.swf
3-Dart Checkout http://www.primarygames.co.uk/dartscheck/dartsthrowres.html
Internet-based Activities relating to 2D & 3D Shapes
Internet-based Activities relating to Measurement (including money & time)
Teaching Money http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/
Teaching Time http://www.teachingtime.co.uk/
Teaching Measures http://www.teachingmeasures.co.uk/menu.html
Shopping Spree http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/wb/ClassPresentsUK.html
Money Match Challenge http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/games/picknmixUK.html
Pick and Mix http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/games/picknmixUK.html
Hickory Dickory Clock http://www.ictgames.com/hickory4.html
Internet-based Activities relating to Position & Transformations
Billy Bug (Level 1) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/bbug1/bugcodres.html
Billy Bug (level 2) http://www.primarygames.co.uk/pg2/bug2/bug2.html
Reflective Symmetry http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/wb/ClassPresentsUK.html
Post the Shapes
Rotational Symmetry http://www.mathsonline.co.uk/nonmembers/gamesroom/transform/rotation.html
Transformation Golf http://www.interactivestuff.org/sums4fun/tabletimes.html
Internet-based Activities relating to Solving Problems
General Internet-based Activities relating to Maths
Primary Games http://www.primarygames.co.uk/
ICT Games (KS1) http://www.ictgames.com/resources.html
Woodlands Junior Maths Zone http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/index.html
Coxhoe Primary School http://www.schooljotter.com/showpage.php?id=35518
Crick Primary School (KS2 site) http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2numeracy.html
Crick Primary School (KS1 site) http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks1numeracy.html
Who Wants to be a Mathonaire? http://www.amblesideprimary.com/ambleweb/mentalmaths/fractotron.html
Countdown (Letters & Numbers) http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/countdown/index.htm