The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England.
It’s designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better, and close the gap between them and their peers.
Children in the following catergories receive additional funding:
- Looked after children
- Children who have previously been looked after
- Children adopted from care
- Children eligible for Free School Meals
- Children who have been received Free School Meals in the last 6 years
- Children with one or more parent in the Armed Forces
- Children who have had one or more parent in the Armed Forces in the last 5 years
If you think that you may qualify for one of these categories or your circumstance has changed please do let us know.
At Bisley we work hard to ensure that we spend the Pupil Premium in the most effective way to ensure that any gap in achievement is closed.
Please click below for further details of our Pupil Premium.
Here are just a few of the ways that we use the PP:
- Pupil pastoral support
- Academic intervention groups
- Support for families with the costs of uniform, shoes and pencil cases
- Support for families with the costs of trips and residentials
- Breakfast Boost - see flyer below
- A dedicated Teaching & Learning SENCO with a main responsibility for disadvantaged children